Make the Master proud of you by being good citizens. Respect the authorities, whatever their level; they are God’s emissaries for keeping order. It is God’s will that by doing good, you might cure the ignorance of the fools who think you’re a danger to society. Exercise your freedom by serving God, not by breaking the rules. Treat everyone you meet with dignity. Love your spiritual family. Revere God. Respect the government.

1 Peter 2:13-17 (MSG)

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Improving my prayer life

I mentioned that I was trying to be more intentional about prayer, and my prayer life.  I am trying to write out my prayers every morning, although I am not doing so well at including scripture yet, but I am sure that will come once I find scriptures relevant to certain topics.

But during the "So That" study with Wendy Blight someone mentioned that they kept a weekly calendar, that they prayed by...I adapted it a bit to my needs, but I am using it to keep my prayers focused and not just on me.


  • Sundays~I pray for Friends
  • Mondays~I pray for Work
  • Tuesdays~I pray Praising God
  • Wednesdays~I pray for Bible studies that I am participating in, and friends in the study
  • Thursdays~I pray for Ministry
  • Fridays~I pray for Nation; City
  • Saturdays~I pray for Family
Not a bad system and it seems to be working, except for one small thing.  I have so few real life friends that I could use some more friends to pray for on Sundays.  If you would like me to pray for you, please leave me a comment.  If you have specific requests, let me know that as well.  I'm not as good at praying as some but I am trying to learn and write powerful prayers.  I probably will not write the prayers in the comments section...but rest assured that I will pray for you.


Post where I learned about Prayer Journals

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I am really working on my prayer life as well! I found a ton of books at the library, Paperbackswap, and Amazon that I hope will help me in my prayer life. I have started a prayer journal. It is just a notebook I got at walmart. I have found that writing my prayers keeps me focused! And I love writing! I don't have it separated by days of the week though. Do you keep a list of who you are praying for specifically, and do you just have a notebook you are using to write your prayers?

    I would really appreciate if you would pray for me! I am leading another Good Morning Girls group for this next Luke study. My group is really growing. I may split it into two groups. Please pray for God to give me what I need to help these ladies be successful in this study!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Annabell. I do have a prayer journal, but haven't been faithful in writing in it lately, and hope to get better about it this year. I use a simple loose leaf notebook to write my prayers in. I also keep a list of people that I am praying for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanna,

    My Bible study teacher had a prayer calendar very similar to this. It worked very well for her. I think this will be very helpful, keeps things from becoming overwhelming.

    You can pray for me -- I am struggling with church...issues with my church specifically. Please pray for God's intervention here. Thank you, dear one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam,

      I recently went through my own issues concerning church and I know how hard that can be. I will be praying for you.

      Delete

Total Pageviews

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...